 General / 45575
Re: Question about BFPDX
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Wed, 18 Feb 2004 22:23:40 GMT

In lugnet.general, Mark de Kock wrote:
So in short: if you want to keep bashing at a company who actually listens to
it's customers (Duplo is back!, Make&Create is like getting basic bricks that
everybody wants), don't come with arguments about other hobbies that simply just
prove that you are not thinking about this carefully.

The Lego company "listen to its customers" out of desperation, at best.

Also: the old dark grey was boo-ed and trashed when it first emerged - by the
same people who now take EVERY <censored> opportunity to whine about losing that
same dark grey. Go figure..

I never bashed the dark grey, I loved it from the first brick.  In fact, I was
hoping that *one* specific element would eventually come out in dark grey,
because I was going to rebuild one of my major projects replacing the existing
grey with dark grey.  Now, that will simply never happen.

Brickfest was a blast, I hope I'll be able to make it to D.C. in August.  AFOLs
are the *best* people to hang out with, and as I told Jake, the MOCs at PDX were
simply amazing.  Every fest the MOCs get better and better - what might have
been considered revolutionary two years ago would be simply average now.  AFOLs
are pushing the boundaries of what can be accomplished with "the brick".  But,
it seems to me that WE take "the brick" more seriously that the company that
produces it!  It's not good when the biggest fans of a product aren't the
people/company that produce it.

Here's a research question if someone wants to do some digging:  What percentage
of sets released in the last five or ten years had at least TWO of the now
defunct colors in them?  I'll bet it's at least 70%.  And yea, I'm gonna do some
serious peeron browsing this weekend to try and find the answer...

JohnG