 General / 45403
  Re: LEGOFan.net - central community run hub for all areas of the LEGO community.

"Jindroush" <jindroush@nospam.se...nospam.cz> wrote in message news:402B7020.38BAFC...spam.cz... Jindroush, you raise some good points, but to answer one in particular, (...) It is partly thanks to Brickset that the Lugnet guide is as good as it is (...) (20 years ago, 12-Feb-04, to lugnet.general)

  Re: LEGOFan.net - central community run hub for all areas of the LEGO community.

(...) Or better yet, perhaps Brickset (and others) is where much of the data for a single, integrated set guide is pulled from! Jake --- Jake McKee Community Liaison LEGO Community Development (20 years ago, 12-Feb-04, to lugnet.general)

  Re: LEGOFan.net - central community run hub for all areas of the LEGO community.

(...) [snip] (...) Yeah, but if we have _defined_ environment (I mean there is _finite_ number of all LEGO sets out there), the final result _must_ be same. So I don't see the need for competition. Of course, there may be differences in 'value (...) (20 years ago, 12-Feb-04, to lugnet.general)

  Re: LEGOFan.net - central community run hub for all areas of the LEGO community.

(...) My point exactly. No need for a third website copying the 2 already existing. (...) So why not work with Huw and Todd and make the already existing websites better? I have yet to see a good thing come of this debate. Terry (20 years ago, 12-Feb-04, to lugnet.general)

  Re: LEGOFan.net - central community run hub for all areas of the LEGO community.

(...) No, my point is: why to have two sets of data? I don't mind if two sites use the same data, but I'd like to see one centralized database. (...) Wasn't it told in previous debate about WorldLUG, that Lugnet doesn't evolve anymore? Not to (...) (20 years ago, 12-Feb-04, to lugnet.general)

"Jake McKee" <jacob.mckee@america.lego.com> wrote in message news:Hsz7A4.3Bx@lugnet.com... (...) a (...) It seems a little strange that the community should need to provide the supplier with information about its products, but I'm not adverse to (...) (20 years ago, 12-Feb-04, to lugnet.general)

"Jindroush" <jindroush@nospam.se...nospam.cz> wrote in message news:402B9401.52E664...spam.cz... (...) OK, agreed. (...) Having re-read the original post, that's how I understand it now too. I don't think there's any intention to replace anything or (...) (20 years ago, 12-Feb-04, to lugnet.general)

  Re: LEGOFan.net - central community run hub for all areas of the LEGO community.

(...) Sorry, let me clarify. I was referring to the data, not necessarily how the data is obtained. Information like this is much easier for me to get out if I know that a) the destination is a reliable source and b) that I'm not going to be flooded (...) (20 years ago, 12-Feb-04, to lugnet.general)

  Re: LEGOFan.net - central community run hub for all areas of the LEGO community.

(...) Why yes, it was. By myself, in this post: (URL) also in Todds reply: (URL) is a great place. I like it very much and it has been very good to me over the years. It is, however, not going forward. If it were, then there would not be a need for (...) (20 years ago, 12-Feb-04, to lugnet.general)

"Huw Millington" <hmillington@btinternet.com> wrote in message news:HszEBF.1DF3@lugnet.com... (...) make (...) for. (...) I think Hugh has hit the nail on the head here. From a personal standpoint, the thing that really excites me about this (...) (20 years ago, 12-Feb-04, to lugnet.general)

  Re: LEGOFan.net - central community run hub for all areas of the LEGO community.

(...) I had not realize that Todd himself approved of such a situation. That changes everything from my point of vue. I no longer see it the way I did. However, some people have brought the argument that WorldLUG aims to do a similar thing. Maybe (...) (20 years ago, 14-Feb-04, to lugnet.general)

  Re: LEGOFan.net - central community run hub for all areas of the LEGO community.

(...) What major enhancement was that? -Suz (20 years ago, 14-Feb-04, to lugnet.general)