 General / 44962
Re: Anybody else crack the Mars DVD code?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general, lugnet.space
Date:
Sun, 18 Jan 2004 00:05:01 GMT

Kelly McKiernan wrote:
I'm curious if anybody else has taken the time to crack the DVD code on • the
"Biff Starling" Mars lander:

https://planetary.org/redrover-dvd/dvd_spirit.html

Yep, took me a good two hours. :)
But then I also took the time to document all the steps in the solution.
I admit that I _did_ peek on the hints/clues page before solving the code.
I also admit that I _have_ cracked a number of cryptos prior to this one.

That was fun, I want more! *rubbing hands*

Yeah, and I got a nice diploma too!
http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/AntonYmer/MARS/certificate.jpg (88kb)

And, NO, I am not going to help you. :)

// Anton Ymer