 General / 4448
Re: a short rant...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Wed, 2 Jun 1999 03:32:15 GMT

Mookie <Mookie@execpc.com> wrote:
I've been meaning to mention this after the last Auczilla (1) auction..
and when there was the discussion about the outragous prices in the
auctions.. and I kept putting it off.. though again I fear this subject
is going to come up again when X ends because of the prices of some
items right now.. It seems there are some traders that feel they should
get the Auczilla (1) auction price for their trades yet don't believe in
paying the same prices for what's being traded.. If you want to go by
those standards... remember it goes both ways.. if you want to demand
top dollar, be prepared to pay top dollar for what you're trading.

Tamy
gets off her soap box now...

Fully agreed.  I generally prefer a trade of pieces I don't want but
someone else does for pieces they don't want but I do.  But if the
"value" idea has to come into it, well, then both pieces ought to be
valued using the same "price guide".  If that's recent AucZILLA
auction high bids, fine, but you're right, it goes both ways.

--
Lego Shop at Home: 800-835-4386 (USA) / 800-267-5346 (Canada)
www.lugnet.com/news/ - A great new resource for LEGO fans worldwide