 General / 4424
Re: Set on James Mathis' site (was Re: See Silver Construction Worker Keychain)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Tue, 1 Jun 1999 14:06:06 GMT

In lugnet.general, Joshua Delahunty writes:
Jeff Stembel wrote:

In lugnet.general, Tom Stangl writes:
Yes, the top of the CAB, those are common.  What I was dreaming about was • the
hinged top pieces on the trailer - I need one to build a Yellow Fury.

You mean the double-sloped hinges?  I *should* have an extra one, I'll try • to
check when I get home.  I don't know if I have a 1x4 hinge tile in yellow
though.

The element Tom refers to is NOT available in Yellow, not even in 6444
Outback Airstrip.

6180 (Hydro Search Sub?) has one.  I know this 'cause I have a couple copies
and I made an extended 6444 cargo plane that uses one.

For Reference, it is in the back under the removeable saucer thingy.

Jeff

It's double sloped (two opposite sides), 1 brick in height, and has a
5-finger hinge connection (female).  They've been somewhat common in
white and blue, and rare in black, grey, and red (one set each, TMK).
Non-existant so far in yellow.

Originally released in 1985, they were used for the top sections of
airplanes, so they could hinge open for access to seats inside.

'86-'87 saw them used for a horse trailer and a camper.

'88, a return to use in an airplane.

Space System used them in 1989 for the Space Police sets, providing top
hinges for the Space Lock-Up Isolation
blah-blah-add-some-trademark-symbols jail-cells.

'90 had a bunch more in different airport sets.

'92, the recycle set had the only use that I know of in red.

'94, the airport set had them in white for the jetliner.

'95, a blue copy in 5541 Blue Fury, and grey copies for the 6544 Shuttle
Transcon 2 set (again, an airplane).

In 1996, 6190 Shark's Crystal Cave has the only black I know of.

-- joshua

And I thought I had the most useless knowledge about pieces!  :)  Seriously,
did you get this from the set DB, your own DB, or is it just floating around in
your head?

Jeff