 General / 44075
  And you call yourselves fans...

Instead of posting this message to all of the related threads, I decided to start my own... Ever since Jake announce the color change I've read about 100 messages whining about how LEGO has betrayed the fans. I say it's the opposite. I think (...) (21 years ago, 23-Nov-03, to lugnet.general) !

  Re: And you call yourselves fans...

(...) Only 100? I've read about 500 messages, most of which have been eloquent explainations of how this very subtle color change will cause problems for an apparent majority of LUGNETters. (Maybe you should read the other 400 and see what facts you (...) (21 years ago, 23-Nov-03, to lugnet.general) !

  Re: And you call yourselves fans...

(...) And this isn't such a bad thing. The original thread is now so large as to be difficult to follow. (...) Let me share my point of view with you... speaking only for myself. I agree with you when you use the word 'whining'. I would go so far as (...) (21 years ago, 23-Nov-03, to lugnet.general)

  Re: And you call yourselves fans...

(...) Not a bad idea :) (...) Really? You must've subscribed to lugnet.general kinda late then ;) (...) Yep, that's why many of us are acting this way. It's as if someone told our old friend to jump off a bridge, and they did. (...) In the meantime, (...) (21 years ago, 23-Nov-03, to lugnet.general)

  Re: And you call yourselves fans...

Thank you for your profound post and for sharing your considerable wisdom, Orion! Truly you are in the know. And how right you were to start your own thread. It would have been such a WASTE if your astute comment would have been buried under all (...) (21 years ago, 23-Nov-03, to lugnet.general)

  Re: And you call yourselves fans...

(...) Orion, I don't know what country you live in but here in the USA criticism is a god given right and "my old friend" has just desided to change it's color in order to sell more sets. We all know it's the darn color that is making people not buy (...) (21 years ago, 24-Nov-03, to lugnet.general)

  Re: And you call yourselves fans...

(...) FYI, I live in the US. I find the tone of your reply to be exactly what I'm against: a thinly veiled series insults. -Orion (21 years ago, 24-Nov-03, to lugnet.general)

  Re: And you call yourselves fans...

In lugnet.general, Orion Pobursky wrote: SPLTC> (...) Yeah, and telling a group of fans they are whining and are not true fans because they question a dession by the company isn't an INSULT! Paul (21 years ago, 25-Nov-03, to lugnet.general)

  Re: And you call yourselves fans...

(...) Orion, Agreed. Whining, bellyaching, smart-alecking, name-calling, profaning, baiting, arguing, patronizing, and just general stupidity. Little eloquence. Little organized and gentle nudging of our friend to point out possible error. Much (...) (21 years ago, 25-Nov-03, to lugnet.general)

  Re: And you call yourselves fans...

(...) Holy cow! What a great refernce to one of my favorite movies. You rock! My wish is that what happened to the boy who suddenly got everything he wanted wil happen to the AFOL community as well. -Orion (21 years ago, 25-Nov-03, to lugnet.general)

  Re: And you call yourselves fans...

(...) You're absolutly right. I fell off the edge when I wrote my message and sunk to an uncivil like tone. I apologize. -Orion (21 years ago, 25-Nov-03, to lugnet.general)

  Re: And you call yourselves fans...

(...) Amen, emphasis on the "happily". Peace and Long Life, Tw0nst3r (21 years ago, 27-Nov-03, to lugnet.general)