 General / 42731
Re: Cool LEGO Site of the Week??????
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Fri, 8 Aug 2003 03:31:44 GMT

In lugnet.general, Chris Phillips wrote:

   As the author of one of the current candidate sites for Cool LEGO Site of the Week, I have wondered this same thing. A quick search back on LUGNET for “CLSotW” reveals this post from Tobbe Arnesson, who has been reviewing each week’s winner. He asked for a volunteer to step in for him for a few weeks, and it appears that nobody really did.

Yeah, as shown by the reply, I recall picking up that task, and went along with the original plan, writing a short, albeit descriptive review for the prvious cool cite of the week (might make that month, in this case) Digital bricks.nl, then sending it via e-mail to Todd Lehman. I’m beginning to have doubts to whether or not the actual message went through, so I might as well post it here if one of the administrators wishes to append it to the current highlighted site. As far as I’m concerned, I have not yet been contacted by anyone involved in this situation, so I’m still in the dark about this situation...

Perhaps the actual problem is stemming from the start of the summer season (which means prolific convention, part time work and whatever preocupations you can connect with free time.)

Osprey, over and out

M. Aaron Hein

http://www.lugnet.com/~1112/Creations/

digitalbricks.nl

http://www.lugnet.com/jump.cgi?http://www.digitalbricks.nl/

Jeroen de Haan

Probably one of the more overlooked AFOl sites on lugnet, digital bricks.nl touts a small variety of interesting works, including a few classic car models, some turotials on high quality rendering and assorted train model .mpd files, however, seems to cary an emphasis on graphics, with a surprising collection of trains-related posters (which are of exceptional, high dpi quality!) Although the site in general seems to still be in its planning stages with many projects apparently on the drawing board, future updates may increase the content. In all, not too shabby.