 General / 42570
Re: What else do you do when you build?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Wed, 9 Jul 2003 01:35:27 GMT

In lugnet.general, Chris Maddison wrote:
Hey all,

I was tinkering with my small assortment of elements in my bot factory
earlier, and I realized it was quiet.  So much so that it was deafening.
Maybe I'm wrong, but I doubt many of us build with nothing else going on.
So...what else do you do when you build?

     Everything.  Usually it's just TV/movies, but sometimes it's supplemented
by internet/e-mail (yes, I do sometimes surf the internet while building, and
I've even ).  Rarely I'll just listen to music, and even more rarely I'll chat
on the phone.  I get distracted by the absence of chaos, so I have a very hard
time concentrating on the task at hand in total silence.  On the other hand, I
can watch TV, read a book, and surf the internet at the same time (can't do
e-mail while reading a book, though...).