 General / 42524
Re: Using proper glue
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Sat, 28 Jun 2003 10:31:18 GMT

In lugnet.general, David Laswell wrote:

     Do you know what the K'nex parts are made of?  Without knowing that,
there's no way of knowing if a bond would be possible.  Of course, 3M has
recently come out with a few really interesting adhesives, one of which seems to
bond _securely_ to a freakish range of materials (including various plastics,
ceramics, metals, and...glass).  I suspect the type of glue you'd need will fall
within the Scotch-Weld line, but it's not cheap to get set up, since not only do
you need the glue, but you also need a special gun and mixing tips.

Hi Dave,

Unfortunately I do not know the material of K'nex.  But thanks for your
suggestion, and I will make a search on 3M.

Steve