 General / 42522
Re: Using proper glue
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Sat, 28 Jun 2003 03:57:56 GMT

In lugnet.general, Istvan Takats wrote:
Could someone please help a desperate guy?

I would like to glue together Lego & K'nex parts.  Is there a glue in Canada,
which bonds to both of them?  I have tryed CA glue, epoxy, model builder's
cement, but none of them holds.

     Do you know what the K'nex parts are made of?  Without knowing that,
there's no way of knowing if a bond would be possible.  Of course, 3M has
recently come out with a few really interesting adhesives, one of which seems to
bond _securely_ to a freakish range of materials (including various plastics,
ceramics, metals, and...glass).  I suspect the type of glue you'd need will fall
within the Scotch-Weld line, but it's not cheap to get set up, since not only do
you need the glue, but you also need a special gun and mixing tips.