 General / 42275
Re: Bricksmeat 2003 - or how not to transport large MOCs!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.au, lugnet.general
Date:
Mon, 26 May 2003 17:13:57 GMT

Kerry Raymond wrote in message ...
Herewith the results of my MOC transportation experiment from last weekend:

I have successfully and semi-successfully air-shipped built models across
Canada and to the US. I have never had things completely collapse in the way
shown in the pictures!

The tricks I used were

1) wrap the model itself in shrink-wrap (don't shrink it though!) or saran
wrap to hold it together
2) Use soft foam (like used in cushions) around the model as the initial
padding, surrounded by plenty of white Styrofoam board. This allows shock
absorption, and allows the model to move slightly inside the packaging
without putting too much pressure on it.

The corners of the stadium (
http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=19581 ) which are quite
fragile, were shipped this way and although a few of the top walkway pieces
fell off, there was no extensive collapse.

Kevin
Shopping Mall is back: http://www.lionsgatemodels.com/cat-mall.htm
LEGO TOWN PLANNING information:
http://www.lionsgatemodels.com/COntent/Townplan/townplan.htm