 General / 4215
Re: Questions about 2 things
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Tue, 18 May 1999 05:41:54 GMT

That's still not the one I've got.. I've got one of those in red.. and 3
purple ones.. though this one has to be older.. I'll take a pic tomorrow
and put it up on my website.. the top doesn't clip to the top side like
the purple/red ones.. It's a tight snap type fit right into the side of
the box.. or top how ever you want to look at it.. it doesn't touch any
edge of the box..
Tamy

Joshua Delahunty wrote:

Jeff Stembel wrote:

In lugnet.general, Joshua Delahunty writes:
Mookie wrote:

Today I went out rummaging/yard saleing/garage saleing.. whatever you
want to call it.. and I found a Lego case.. it's a red one.. it's one of
the older styles.. kind of like the blue one with the lid that snaps
down on the top.. not like the purple and red ones where there's snaps
no the sides to close them.. I'm just wondering how old this one is and
what it came with.. it's maybe 1/3rd smaller than the blue one.

This is (was) "set" 782 Storage Case.  It was released in 1984,
according to the 1984 brochure.

I've added the entry to Pause:

                                      -- joshua

Huh.  That's not what I have.  the lid on mine is in a recessed opening on top.
The lid is just a rectangular plane.  Do you have any pictures of earlier
boxes?  I have a larger blue one that has the same basic design, also.

Ah, crap.  Found it, made sure the set number wasn't in pause, scanned
it, uploaded it.  Never actually took a good look at the durned thing.
:-P

Try this: (and it was already on Pause too):

That's the one I pictured in my mind; a purple version of 783 came out
not too long ago as a Pirate special deal.

Thing is, this one is newer.  872 is the older one.  I can't find any
before 1984, when 872 appears.