 General / 4181
Re: Questions about 2 things
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Sun, 16 May 1999 23:46:41 GMT

In lugnet.general, Tamyra Teed ("Mookie") writes:
Today I went out rummaging/yard saleing/garage saleing.. whatever you
want to call it.. and I found a Lego case.. it's a red one.. it's one of
the older styles.. kind of like the blue one with the lid that snaps
down on the top.. not like the purple and red ones where there's snaps
no the sides to close them.. I'm just wondering how old this one is and
what it came with.. it's maybe 1/3rd smaller than the blue one.

I have this one, but I don't know how old it is.  I know it is at *least* 15
years old, 'cause I can't remember not having it.  ;)  I think it was sold
separetely from any sets.

Also.. I've been trying for a while to find out what set this is... I've
got a set from when I was little.. it's a shell car.. a racing car kind
of like the 2886 formula flash car.. only it's shell and there's a shell
figure with it.. I can't find it in Pause anywhere.. Unless I'm missing
something ??? anyone have any clues?? I don't have any instructions for
it anymore and it MIGHT have been a promo set... this would have been
late 70's early 80's... I've still got the set together if anyone needs
a pic to help me figure it out I'll take one and post it..

Thanks for reading
Tamy

Hmmm... Could you post a picture?  That would certainly help.  Off-hand, the
only thing I can think of that fits this description is 6503 Sprint Racer.

Jeff

P.S.  I don't think the Exxon figure and the the Blue Tow truck hook (which you
asked about in your other message) are from the same set.  It doesn't ring any
bells for me.