 General / 4202
Re: Questions about 2 things
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Mon, 17 May 1999 18:06:38 GMT

When I get home tonight, I'll check to see if it has any sort of set/part
number, or anything else that might be of help.

Jeff

In lugnet.general, Tamyra Teed ("Mookie") writes:
That's not the one I've got either.. this is just like the blue one,
with the top lid only smaller...  Bascially just how Jeff described it.

Jeff Stembel wrote:

In lugnet.general, Joshua Delahunty writes:
Mookie wrote:

Today I went out rummaging/yard saleing/garage saleing.. whatever you
want to call it.. and I found a Lego case.. it's a red one.. it's one of
the older styles.. kind of like the blue one with the lid that snaps
down on the top.. not like the purple and red ones where there's snaps
no the sides to close them.. I'm just wondering how old this one is and
what it came with.. it's maybe 1/3rd smaller than the blue one.

This is (was) "set" 782 Storage Case.  It was released in 1984,
according to the 1984 brochure.

I've added the entry to Pause:

                                      -- joshua

Huh.  That's not what I have.  the lid on mine is in a recessed opening on • top.
The lid is just a rectangular plane.  Do you have any pictures of earlier
boxes?  I have a larger blue one that has the same basic design, also.

Jeff