 General / 42099
Re: When did "extra's" start?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Tue, 6 May 2003 06:10:52 GMT

In lugnet.general, David Gregory writes:
   I remember that there used to always be extras of the 1X1 round plates;
especially when the set used an odd number of them.  Way back in The Day, the
1X1 round plates came in pairs on a sprue, so a set always had an even number
of them.  For instance, if your set only used one 1X1 trans-green round plate,
you would have an extra, because you'd have 2 from the pair on the sprue.
   David
Well, I think you have found the reason here; 6952 uses 2 1x1 trans-yellow
round plates, and they are there as a pair as you described. Still I find it
odd that theres no other extras, like the levers, of which the set uses 8;
in a modern set, even if there's only 1 lever used, there's always an extra
included.

Thanks,

Arne