 General / 42097
Re: Lego shop in Köln, Lego shop in Billund
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general, lugnet.loc.de, lugnet.loc.nl
Date:
Mon, 5 May 2003 19:53:32 GMT

In lugnet.general, Ronald Vallenduuk writes:
This weekend I got a glimpse of the shop in Köln (don't get me started.
Murphy's law and stuff, I got there 5 mins before closing. And with german
punctuality they closed right on time...). The plan is to go to Billund this
summer. Has anyone recently been to both? Is the shop in Billund anything
like the shop in Köln? What can I expect?

Thanx,

Duq

Hi Duq,

I haven't read too much about the brick sale in Billund so far.
All I knew is from these postings (and I have heard about availability of
special roof pieces - inner corner sloped bricks etc.):

http://f24.parsimony.net/forum61776/messages/61476.htm

This article says (no informations on prices):
- You pay for weight, not volume.
- Lots of special elements are available
- similar assortment as known from Windsor Legoland park.

http://f24.parsimony.net/forum61776/messages/62120.htm
Tells about 40 Kr/100g = ca 7,xx $ per 100 g
article says the available assortment changes permanently.

***********

For Cologne (Köln) I only knew about a wide variaty of unusual colours of
available bricks, but most of the bricks are just standard elements. No plates,
no special shapes - just basics.
Those cost per small cup 8,99 Eur, in a bigger cup 15,99 Eur. In result the
price is somewhere around 6 Eur / 100g as well as in other places.

http://f24.parsimony.net/forum61776/messages/60609.htm

http://f24.parsimony.net/forum61776/messages/62449.htm
(this link gives info on all available bricks in april 2003)

**********

The Legoland park in Günzburg Germany sells loose bricks as well: 100 g = 6 Eur
= ca 6,50 $.
The assortment is by far bigger than in Cologne.
There are nicer shapes available. Sometimes even quite rare bricks, but
never(?) bricks that are exclusively used by the park designers like the clear
center plates or clear tiles in any size.

***********

Hope this helps you somewhat, otherwise try a request under 1000steine in the
forum (open for  any postings between 5:00 and 7:00 p.m. local time.....)
http://www.1000steine.de/forum/

Those guys will definitely be able to answer any requests on Legoland and Lego®
stores. All postings are welcome even in English it's no problem.

Leg Godt!

Ben

P.s.: this has been the first time I visited lugnet.loc.de since February. Pure
luck for you. This part of Lugnet has been dead since years and only a little
bit alive again, while Jojo and me used it as kind of private chat. And it was
a running gag between us to give a link to " http://www.1000steine.de/forum/ "
in every single posting we did here... (Hi Jojo - melde dich doch auch mal
wieder zu Wort! ;-)