 General / 41853
  Re: Quantifying and Classifying the LEGO Community

(...) I am sure it also happened to you: you see a thumbnail on BrickShelf and immediatly you know who is the model author. Lego is much more unlimited than i thought at first. Each builder has unique building style and techniques. And also a unique (...) (21 years ago, 15-Apr-03, to lugnet.general, lugnet.people, lugnet.fun.community)

  Re: Quantifying and Classifying the LEGO Community

(...) Hi Damien - I'm afraid I don't totally understand what you're getting at. I've built projects with other LEGO fans, and shared the experience of building projects with them. I've built things that would not have become what they did were it (...) (21 years ago, 15-Apr-03, to lugnet.general, lugnet.people, lugnet.fun.community)

"Tim Courtney" <tim@zacktron.com> wrote in message news:HDCzKx.Bvo@lugnet.com... (...) <snipped> (...) excludes (...) the (...) Ditto. If the Escher thread going now is NOT sharing what each of us sees and expriences when we view that work(of art I (...) (21 years ago, 15-Apr-03, to lugnet.general, lugnet.people, lugnet.fun.community)

"Damien Guichard" <damien.guichard@wanadoo.fr> skrev i meddelandet news:HDCyp9.8rw@lugnet.com... (...) I don't agree. There are many ways where you *actually* share the experience, not only by watching: - Build together - I do it all the time with (...) (21 years ago, 15-Apr-03, to lugnet.general, lugnet.people, lugnet.fun.community)

  Re: Quantifying and Classifying the LEGO Community

(...) Pretty funny! Damien (21 years ago, 15-Apr-03, to lugnet.general, lugnet.people, lugnet.fun.community)

  Re: Quantifying and Classifying the LEGO Community

(...) Yes, that's sharing building experience and you are lucky. My only sharing experience ended with "i don't need you, i have more lego than you anyway". Ok you share building experience. I mean you don't share building skills. You construct your (...) (21 years ago, 16-Apr-03, to lugnet.general, lugnet.people, lugnet.fun.community)

  Re: Quantifying and Classifying the LEGO Community

Hi Damien - (...) I'm sorry to hear that. Most of the people I build with have more LEGO than I do. I have quite a bit, perhaps just under 100,000 pieces. But, I still don't have the parts to construct what I really want to, which is part of the (...) (21 years ago, 16-Apr-03, to lugnet.general, lugnet.people, lugnet.fun.community)

  Re: Quantifying and Classifying the LEGO Community

(...) Many thanks Tim, your reply is really encouraging. I currently try to figure out the best way to write a building tutorial. The three major difficulties are: 1. It is REALLY intimidating to write the first tutorial ever. I don't want to be (...) (21 years ago, 16-Apr-03, to lugnet.general, lugnet.people, lugnet.fun.community)

  Re: Quantifying and Classifying the LEGO Community

(...) Don't be afraid to advocate techniques over others, but explain why one is 'better.' I don't think anyone will argue with you that interlocking bricks is better than stacking one on top of each other when building a wall :-) (...) You can show (...) (21 years ago, 17-Apr-03, to lugnet.general, lugnet.people, lugnet.fun.community)