 General / 41856
Re: Quantifying and Classifying the LEGO Community
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general, lugnet.people, lugnet.fun.community
Date:
Tue, 15 Apr 2003 14:30:37 GMT

"Tim Courtney" <tim@zacktron.com> wrote in message
In lugnet.general, Damien Guichard writes:

<snipped>

The bad news:
You experience it alone. You can't share it. You share only excitement.

So, in a certain sense, the lego community includes everybody but • excludes
everyone.

Hi Damien -
I'm afraid I don't totally understand what you're getting at. I've built
projects with other LEGO fans, and shared the experience of building
projects with them. I've built things that would not have become what they
did were it not for both, or all parties involved. To me, that's sharing • the
LEGO experience.

-Tim

Ditto.  If the Escher thread going now is NOT sharing what each of us sees
and expriences when we view that work(of art I might add) then I don't know
what to say.

BTW, if you haven't read it, here's where to go:
http://news.lugnet.com/announce/moc/?n=1003

Adr.