 General / 41226
    Does this happen to you (when working on a new project)? —David Simmons
   Hey all, After sorting my ISD into my collection, I started my most ambitous (or foolish, depending on the outcome!) project yet; making a Gunstar from "The Last Starfighter" (excellent pics of the ship here: (URL) I even had the chutzpah to think I (...) (21 years ago, 25-Feb-03, to lugnet.general)

        Re: Does this happen to you (when working on a new project)? —John Radtke
     (...) Goodness, yes. I still remember one Friday sitting down at 9 pm just to play with an idea and see if I had the pieces for it. Next thing I knew my stomach was empty, my bladder was full, and the sun was rising. As if that wasn't good enough, (...) (21 years ago, 25-Feb-03, to lugnet.general)

        Re: Does this happen to you (when working on a new project)? —Kirby Warden
     (...) I used to pull "surprise" overnighters on a regular basis. Then my wife started to feel neglected. I took a quick look at my priorities and no longer do Lego stuff overnight. It wasn't a planed thing, I would simply start something and just (...) (21 years ago, 25-Feb-03, to lugnet.general)

        Re: Does this happen to you (when working on a new project)? —Matt Hein
     (...) You wouldn't believe how many times that's happened to me. It usually starts off with the excuse of 'some crazy idea I've been throwing around', then after a cup of coffee or two, I notice that a few hours have 'conveniently' slipped by and I (...) (21 years ago, 25-Feb-03, to lugnet.general)

        Re: Does this happen to you (when working on a new project)? —Joe Meno
     (...) (snip) (...) Way too often. If the project really has my focus, i'll do an allnighter without a second thought. If I'm chatting with the Lego gang online, I'll stay up all night without a second thought. Lego is simply too easy t o get carried (...) (21 years ago, 25-Feb-03, to lugnet.general)

        Re: Does this happen to you (when working on a new project)? —Tobbe Arnesson
     In lugnet.general, David Simmons writes: <<snip>> (...) It's not just new projects and not just LEGO. It happens when reading a good book or playing a good video game aswell. Just one more chapter, just one more task, just one more... LEGO is more (...) (21 years ago, 25-Feb-03, to lugnet.general)

        Re: Does this happen to you (when working on a new project)? —Adrian Drake
     (...) All the time! My wife jokes with me frequently about my definition of the word "soon". She'll head off to bed, and I'll say "I'll join you soon, honey", and not actually show up for another 2 to 3 hours. This frequently happens with Video (...) (21 years ago, 25-Feb-03, to lugnet.general)

        Re: Does this happen to you (when working on a new project)? —Lars Gjerløw Jørgensen
   "David Simmons" <xenobuzz@earthlink.net> mumbled in news:HAuA33.xy@lugnet.com: (...) Indeed! Especially when doing one of two things: Building with Lego and programming. Both tasks have that "many loose ends"- feeling that have been mentioned by (...) (21 years ago, 25-Feb-03, to lugnet.general)