 General / 41229
Re: Does this happen to you (when working on a new project)?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Tue, 25 Feb 2003 01:16:02 GMT

In lugnet.general, David Simmons writes:

How many of you have noticed that your sense of the passage of time is
greatly distorted when you become involved with a new project?  For
instance, last Sunday night around 11:30 pm, I wanted to spend "just a few
minutes" messing with the cockpit before going to bed.  When I next looked
up it was 2:30 AM!  I have to be at work at nine, and on Mondays I do a
double shift!  *insert Homer Simpson "D'OH!" sound*

Does this happen to you?

Dave

Goodness, yes.  I still remember one Friday sitting down at 9 pm just to
play with an idea and see if I had the pieces for it.  Next thing I knew my
stomach was empty, my bladder was full, and the sun was rising.  As if that
wasn't good enough, having nothing else pressing that Saturday, I didn't get
out of the play room until noon!

John