 General / 40587
  Another "borrowed" picture...

What's the point of taking other people's stuff and reposting it? (URL) even rename it. Ugh... --Bram Bram Lambrecht bram@cwru.edu www.bldesign.org (22 years ago, 15-Jan-03, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Another "borrowed" picture...

By the looks of the other images in the folder, and the fact that most of them are Bionicle, I'm making the gross generalization that this is some kid on some Bionicle website gathering random pictures together for random things that will amount to (...) (22 years ago, 15-Jan-03, to lugnet.general)

"Bram Lambrecht" <bram@cwru.edu> wrote in message news:H8qIDz.938@lugnet.com... (...) Aside from the fact that you are a magnet for this, I have to say that this is one of the more worthless brickshelf galleries out there. Yeah yeah it's just a kid, (...) (22 years ago, 15-Jan-03, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Another "borrowed" picture...

I wonder if Dave Johann is aware of it? (URL) (22 years ago, 15-Jan-03, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Another "borrowed" picture...

(...) Bram, Please don't be offended by this...I in no way endorse the posting of someone's work without making note that it is their work and not yours. Proper credit should even be given for ideas borrowed and used in your own work. But I hope (...) (22 years ago, 15-Jan-03, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Another "borrowed" picture...

(...) Just wanted to clear up my attitude here... I'm (pretty) sure no malice was intended here, and I am a bit flattered that people like my stuff enough to copy it. However, I sometimes wish there was a way to contact people to encourage them to (...) (22 years ago, 15-Jan-03, to lugnet.general)

  Worthless Brickshelf galleries ( was Another "borrowed" picture...)

(...) I hardly use Brickshelf at all any more because it has lost any advantages it use to have: 1) It's no longer instant because of moderation 2) It has a worse noise to content ratio than RTL 3) It's often slow (not that my own cheapo site is (...) (22 years ago, 15-Jan-03, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Another "borrowed" picture...

(...) If he/she/it *had* renamed it it would have been a totally different thing 'cause then it would have been the intent to have it as the folder-thumbnail... I wounder how some of that stuff got passed moderation? /Tobbe who still likes (...) (22 years ago, 15-Jan-03, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Another "borrowed" picture...

(...) FINALLY!!!! Someone who was a KID once speak up! Tony, a congradulate you, for your post! It seems all to quick that we forget what it was like to be a KID and see kool images and copy them. If you are so worried about your stuff landing all (...) (22 years ago, 15-Jan-03, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Another "borrowed" picture...

Bram, You could start "watermarking" your images, then at least when some one "borrows" your images your name would be on there some where....unless they go thought the trouble of photoshoping out the watermark. jt (...) (22 years ago, 15-Jan-03, to lugnet.general)

"Ahui Herrera" <jedi_agh@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:H8rpp2.8oK@lugnet.com... (...) SEE SIG! Let's not dis The Lego Group Lego is not a toy: it's a way of life! Build on! swrunyan@uswest.net (22 years ago, 15-Jan-03, to lugnet.general)

"Bram Lambrecht" <bram@cwru.edu> wrote in message news:H8qIDz.938@lugnet.com... (...) First of all, the person that have copyed your image do not claim that it is his/her work. And since the picture is not altered or renamed, and you have not made (...) (22 years ago, 15-Jan-03, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Another "borrowed" picture...

(...) I hate to beat this to death, cause I'm sure it makes me look like an awful person, but it still rubs me the wrong way... (...) "All Gallery content is property of the uploader, unless otherwise stated." So, indirectly, the person who copied (...) (22 years ago, 15-Jan-03, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Another "borrowed" picture...

(...) I have started to do so in some cases: (URL) others... It's a significant amount of extra work to add the watermark, though, and it clutters the image, especially if I should start adding my URL too... Amd even if I watermark all my new work, (...) (22 years ago, 15-Jan-03, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Another "borrowed" picture...

(...) I say way to stick to your guns, Bram. I understand what everyone else is saying, but at the same time, people need to put themselves in your shoes. I'm sorry your MOCs have been the target of image theft repeatedly, and I'm sure it's (...) (22 years ago, 15-Jan-03, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Another "borrowed" picture...

(...) Oh I'd bet they read them and then ignored or didn't understand what they read. Of course, then again I've grown more cynical lately. Mike (22 years ago, 15-Jan-03, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Another "borrowed" picture

(...) *cough* *cough* Cheapo site? What the... never mind. Dang, I would gladly make my site slow to make the design that good. But aside from that, I'm with you, Bram. I think that this recent rage of taking other people's photos and resubmitting (...) (22 years ago, 15-Jan-03, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Another "borrowed" picture...

(...) Never been my intend to dis The Lego Group. If you look at any of my post I have always stated that LEGO is a TOY and we (adults) need to sometimes be reminded of this fact. We cry we bionicle, jack stone, Harry porter, and other jr. toys came (...) (22 years ago, 16-Jan-03, to lugnet.general)