 General / 40612
Re: Another "borrowed" picture...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Wed, 15 Jan 2003 23:28:03 GMT

In lugnet.general, James Trobaugh writes:
Bram,

You could start "watermarking" your images, then at least when some one
"borrows" your images your name would be on there some where....unless they
go thought the trouble of photoshoping out the watermark.

I have started to do so in some cases:
http://lego.bldesign.org/models/gallery/?n=91&i=01_exterior.jpg
http://lego.bldesign.org/models/gallery/?n=86&i=01.jpg
and others...
It's a significant amount of extra work to add the watermark, though, and it
clutters the image, especially if I should start adding my URL too...
Amd even if I watermark all my new work, there would still be about 40 megs
worth of unmarked images.  My only hope is that perhaps someone who hasn't
realized that they shouldn't repost other people's work will see these messages.
--Bram

Bram Lambrecht
bram@cwru.edu
www.bldesign.org