 General / 40610
Re: Another "borrowed" picture...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Wed, 15 Jan 2003 22:06:24 GMT

"Bram Lambrecht" <bram@cwru.edu> wrote in message
news:H8qIDz.938@lugnet.com...
What's the point of taking other people's stuff and reposting it?
http://lego.bldesign.org/models/gallery/?n=72&i=000.jpg
Didn't even rename it.
Ugh...
--Bram

First of all, the person that have copyed your image do not claim that it is
his/her work. And since the picture is not altered or renamed, and you have
not made a watermark or copyright note on the image, I cant see the trouble.
And if you go further and looks at the rest of the images in that folder,
there is nothing there that indicates that the user claims that this is
his/her owns work.
On the other hand, as someone mentioned here, this is a waste of Brickshelf
space. The pictures does not bring any new info or impressions of the
models, neither LEGO's models or yours.

I dont ONLY have MOC's on my Brickshelf Gallery pages, but I've made all
pictures myself and the works that is not mine has a note either that its a
orginal LEGO design/set or who's design the MOC is inspired by.
I have put an copyright note on the page, but have not put an watermark on
them, so I cant realy stop people copying my images. I dont want that
either. If someone wants my picture I'm happy with it. But as I mention in
the copyright note, if someone try to make money on one of my own creations,
I want them to apply my name in their credit list.

But what does people think of pictures that is NOT my own creations but just
photos of an orginal LEGO set that I have? Personaly I like to se all angels
of an model and make an impression of how it looks before I buy one. Thats
why I have put my photos of the LEGO sets I own online, so other can deside
if the model is what they want.
And from the number of hits I have on my LEGO 10030 ISD page, It looks like
people like to look at those pictures  :)

Regards
Øuvind Steinnes
http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?m=Phoenix