 General / 40427
40426  |  40428
Subject:
Star Wars Dioramas?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.starwars, lugnet.general
Date:
Fri, 3 Jan 2003 16:28:44 GMT
Highlighted:
(details)

Or the lack of interest in building them?

For a genre that has so much potential in building scenes straight from the
movies, I’ve been surprised when I joined up that the search only produced a
handful of results. And though I’ve been doing dioramas with action figures
for the past few years, I really haven’t ventured much using minifig scale
except help out in those that my sons have come up with. They also had more
ideas they’ve been wanting to do after they’ve seen the scenes that I’ve
done. Case in point was the Rebel hangar scene where they took over after I
was done with it and they produced their minifig version of it.

With the opportunity at hand, I’ve started working with them and their ideas
about doing more minifig scale dioramas. The following months thereafter,
we’ve shown our handiwork and been encouraged by the responses to them that
we decided to do more. Maybe I thought this would stir up interest in the
community and we’d start seeing more dioramas from everybody!

Sadly, it wasn’t what we’d hope it would be. It does feel lonely not seeing
much more interest than when we started. Even though this new year has
brought new and exciting sets plus TLC showing off their works, I doubt very
much that the interest in building SW dioramas will change. As for us,
there’s lots more ideas that we’d want to do but the spark is slowly waning.

Regards,
ACPin & Sons