 General / 40143
  Re: Feedback thoughts?

"ssenkrahsemaj" <jamesharkness@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:H7B484.1pr@lugnet.com... (...) I have to disagree with you on the authentication aspect. Were you active during the events that made authentication necessary? I believe all of the (...) (22 years ago, 18-Dec-02, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Feedback thoughts?

(...) Yeah I wasn't here when that happened and if they tok away the authentication process it would probably start up again there are always pests. I would just prefer if i could login and by my ip address I would be authenticated or however login (...) (22 years ago, 18-Dec-02, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Feedback thoughts?

"ssenkrahsemaj" <jamesharkness@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:H7BqqI.6tr@lugnet.com... (...) [ ... snipped ... ] (...) be (...) I believe that if you use the web interface you can login and post (via the web interface) without going through the (...) (22 years ago, 18-Dec-02, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Feedback thoughts?

(...) The best way to work it is really to have a username/password. Short of that, email's about the only secure way to work authentication, since you can fake your IP, news reader ID, email headers, etc. If you would like to avoid the (...) (22 years ago, 18-Dec-02, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Feedback thoughts?

(...) Additionally, once you are a Lugnet member, when you sign in, you can choose to have a cookie stored in your browser for the session, for a time period, or forever. If you choose forever, you never have to log in again as long as you use the (...) (22 years ago, 18-Dec-02, to lugnet.general)