 General / 40012
Re: Feedback thoughts?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Mon, 16 Dec 2002 16:08:59 GMT

Thanks, JHK, for bringing this topic up! I, too, have noticed this trend,
and it's been getting increasingly worse it seems. Thusly I've stopped
posting my MOCs, and I mostly build them for personal enjoyment and to show
at the TCLUG.

If I remember properly it seemed to begin around the time of a post by
someone who hated "Me Too" posts, or, as far as I can figure what a Me Too
post is, a "Yeah, I think it's cool too -- although I can't quite pin down
what it is that I think is cool, or the guy who just posted said the same
thing as me." post.

While I am content with the hits my Brickshelf gallery gets, what with the
slow, slow speed of it now it's more likely that somebody will visit my
site. And my hitcounters on it are broken, so I never know how many people
visit -- if any visit at all.

Build well!
--
Mark Nelson
LCC Command: http://www.ozbricks.com/speedy/lcccommand/

In lugnet.space, John Henry Kruer writes:
I've noticed a big change in feedback here.  In the 'old' days of Lugnet,
every post would get responded, even a tiny model would generate a large
thread of discussion.

Now, feedback and people who give them seems to be divided into two groups:
those who always give feedback and those who rarely give feedback.  Now, I
know that some people don't have the time to post feedback, but I mean,
things used to be a lot different.  Maybe people just lost the initial
enthusiasim of Lugnet?

Most models or ideas often get maybe 1 or 2 or 3 replies, but then when a
particullar person or a particullar idea/fad posts, instantly, within
minutes, bunches of people start replying, and the original poster gets five
or ten or fifteen replies.

Sometimes this rule is broke in extremely good ideas/models, but often I see
a model that I love and is really well built- and it gets 1 or 2 replies, as
if nobody bothered to see it.

What's you're opinion on feedback?  Do you lurk, and sometimes post
responces to extraordinary things?  Or do believe everybody should get
feedback, just because?  Do think feedback is better in quantity or quality?
Do you value of particullarly long, detailed, well-written posts over five
short, 'That's nice.  bye' posts?

I'm cross-posting this to .space, because that's the place I hang out the
most, and is a bit quiet lately anyway.

-JHK