 General / 39961
Re: Giving Brickshelf a hand....
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Fri, 13 Dec 2002 21:30:50 GMT

In lugnet.general, Gil Shaw writes:
In a couple threads, I've seen mention of the server response speed on
Brickshelf...I have noticed it's been a little laboured lately.  I wonder if
there is some way Kevin can let us know if it's due to disk space issues or
just volume of traffic.  Maybe a general housecleaning by all of us would
assist (and potentially save Kevin a couple bucks, warding off the purchase
of any more storage)?

From what I know, it's a bandwidth issue, not a disk space one. I guess if
you clean out some files it will make for fewer pictures that actually get
looked at, and hence there will be minorly less traffic-- but my guess is
that 99% of what people would clean isn't being looked at anyway. Only real
solution is for BrickShelf to get more bandwidth :( If only we could pull in
enough money to buy Kevin a T3! :)

DaveE