 General / 39770
Re: Why is Lugnet so quiet these days?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Fri, 6 Dec 2002 02:25:05 GMT

"Huw Millington" <hmillington@btinternet.com> wrote in message
news:H6o4z0.7Bo@lugnet.com...
It is taking me less than 10 minutes a day to read the messages in the 30+
newsgroups I look at these days compared to perhaps 30-40 minutes six • months
ago. Where's everyone gone? Is there nothing worth talking about any more?
Is Lugnet getting 'run-down'?

One thing's for sure, for as long as I can remember, next year's catalogue
and even new sets have been found and purchased in the US following your
Thanksgiving weekend. This year there's been no sign of them yet, at least
not mentioned here.  The only sniff we have had of anything other than new
Star Wars sets is through illicit scans of retailer's catalogues from
Europe. Presumably this is deliberate on TLC'c part for some reason. Any
theories as to why this year is different?

Huw

[20:13] knowwheretorun: wonder what happened to sproat anyway
[20:13] knowwheretorun: he dropped off the net big time
[20:13] knowwheretorun: 'course he's done it before
[20:19] knowwheretorun: you know lugnet really is slow now
[20:19] knowwheretorun: come to think of it
[20:19] knowwheretorun: everything is
[20:19] knowwheretorun: the chat
[20:19] knowwheretorun: lugnet
[20:19] knowwheretorun: my LUG disintegrated
[20:20] knowwheretorun: whats going on
[20:20] knowwheretorun: is everyone sick of LEGO en masse?
[20:20] knowwheretorun: is this the end?
[20:21] knowwheretorun: is it all downhill from here?

(note that I haven't received a reply in the chatroom ;-)

-Jon