 General / 39777
Re: Why is Lugnet so quiet these days?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Fri, 6 Dec 2002 14:38:58 GMT

In lugnet.general, Tobbe Arnesson writes:
In lugnet.general, Huw Millington writes:
It is taking me less than 10 minutes a day to read the messages in the 30+
newsgroups I look at these days compared to perhaps 30-40 minutes six months
ago. Where's everyone gone? Is there nothing worth talking about any more?
Is Lugnet getting 'run-down'?

I'm sure the masses are still reading occasionally. As less is posted less is
posted then less is posted.

The big flamewars of early '02 has ended and that is a good thing. I think
Lugnet has become a more firendly place again. I sure hope it stays that way.

I agree, as an occasional poster that bit of nastyness sent me deeper into
lurk mode. I still visit Lugnet 6 days a week and read alot of posts but I
don't add much to the community.

Maybe someone should take role call for all the regular lurkers around here?

Perhaps summer (or winter depending on your preferences) has given people more
distance on things. Also, due to the economy dropping globally perhaps people
focus less on their hobbies and more on work and life in general?

June to August is always a tad on the slow side here on Lugnet but it usually
picks up around October, November. Perhaps it's more December-January this time.

Perhaps they're all busy waiting for and building their Imperial Star
Destroyers?

I still can't afford one "sob...sob...sniffle"

Daniel #574