 General / 3935
Re: Store managers and old sets
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Mon, 3 May 1999 22:10:52 GMT

Steve Bliss wrote:

On Sun, 2 May 1999 23:04:28 GMT, "Jeff Stembel" <Dragonelf1@aol.com> wrote:

Has anyone ever convinced a store (read: TRU) manager to discount discontinued
sets? ...

Sometimes.  You never know until you ask.  Especially if you can say
something like, "I'll buy them all if you give me a discount X."  Or "What
discount would you give me if I bought them all?".  Something along those
lines.

   That's what I did in the Okemos, MI Meijer.  They
   had three Armada Flagships left about a year ago,
   and I said "look, you're not moving these for $25
   each, I'll take 'em all for $45."  To my surprise, the
   manager said "sure."  They do have latitude--I got
   an RK castle and Islanders set marked down in a
   similar way.

   LFB.