 General / 3928
Re: Store managers and old sets
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Mon, 3 May 1999 13:07:38 GMT

On Sun, 2 May 1999 23:04:28 GMT, "Jeff Stembel" <Dragonelf1@aol.com> wrote:

Has anyone ever convinced a store (read: TRU) manager to discount discontinued
sets?  The reason I ask is because a nearby TRU has between 25 and 35 copies of
the Technic Spaceshuttle.  They are still at full price, and I don't think
they've sold a single one in the past year!  I really want one, but I don't
want to pay full price.

Sometimes.  You never know until you ask.  Especially if you can say
something like, "I'll buy them all if you give me a discount X."  Or "What
discount would you give me if I bought them all?".  Something along those
lines.

Steve