 General / 3926
Re: Store managers and old sets
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Mon, 3 May 1999 07:02:55 GMT

I've found many bargains at TRU, a 6991 Monorail that was returned
because it was missing a curved piece of track and two minifigs. I asked
the manager what they would sell it for incomplete, she said $40.00 AUD,
about $25.00 USD.

Mark H.

Jeff Stembel wrote:

Has anyone ever convinced a store (read: TRU) manager to discount discontinued
sets?  The reason I ask is because a nearby TRU has between 25 and 35 copies of
the Technic Spaceshuttle.  They are still at full price, and I don't think
they've sold a single one in the past year!  I really want one, but I don't
want to pay full price.

Jeff