 General / 38838
  Building American History

Recently I've been reading a lot of early American history (A biography of Ben Franklin called The First American, Shelby Foote's Civil War series, watching Liberty's Kids on PBS, etc.) which has inspired me to do some LEGO building. At the moment (...) (22 years ago, 7-Oct-02, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Building American History

(...) Jason, Looking forward to seeing your models. I've seen various Civil War scenes, which seems like a no-brainer given the existence of the Cavalry minifigs from the Western sets, such as this gallery by Jon Furman: (URL) Perry has this great (...) (22 years ago, 7-Oct-02, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Building American History

(...) Very cool, I can't wait to see what you come up with. I think lugnet.build.military is probably the most likely place for some of it, or just lugnet.build in general. Or even lugnet.build.ancient. --Bill. (22 years ago, 7-Oct-02, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Building American History

(...) I have a Colonial American MOC that is a model of Colonial Williamsburg's Powder Magazine. This building has been standing continuously since its erection in 1715 when it was built as a storehouse for British government military supplies (...) (22 years ago, 8-Oct-02, to lugnet.general)

"Jason Maxwell" <jhmaxwell@attbi.com> wrote in message news:H3Mv9I.4BK@lugnet.com... (...) LEGO (...) is (...) Just catching up with some reading - sorry for the late reply. I have constructed a replica of the Virginia State Capitol Building in (...) (22 years ago, 21-Oct-02, to lugnet.general)