 General / 38386
38385  |  38387
Subject:
LEGO as an international company...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.au, lugnet.general, lugnet.dear-lego
Date:
Fri, 13 Sep 2002 01:54:11 GMT
Highlighted:
(details)

Just a couple of minor gripes about TLG's "international" approach...

1) Having a look on their shop site, I went to see when if the Harry Potter
E2 sets were available, only to get a pop-up saying they would be available
this coming friday...It could be just me, but I thought this was the Friday
they are refering to, and it is nearly half gone. Could it be that they
really mean "coming this Friday, US time?"

2) On the back of an in-box Explore catalogue [ number 417.8246, copy-right
2002. ] They give a list of telephone numbers for different countries,
presumably so that people in these countries can contact their local LEGO
company...strangely enough, I doubt dialling the number given for most
countries would work if you dialled them as printed...EXCEPT for Canada and
the US. [even Denmark would have trouble with them.]

An example of some of the numbers:
Australia: 0064 61 294 28 9666
Canada [English]: 1-800-822-4534
Denmark: 0045 79 50 69 79
New Zealand: 0064 92 62 20 98
UK Limited: 0044 (0) 8457 080 070
US: 1-800-822-4534

So what I'd like to know is if the LEGO company ever plans on treating those
people who don't live in the US/Canada in an equal way to those who do live
there, or if they have decided that they are going to treat one group of
customers as a privileged area, and expect everyone else to accept this.

[as a further example, on LEGO's shop site, have a look at the "special
collections" or "pens" areas in a country, and then compare to the US
offering...]

Benjamin Whytcross