 General / 38282
Re: Eric Harshbarger and the Insanely Popular 3033 Basic Bulk 1200 Piece Blue Tub!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general, lugnet.build
Date:
Thu, 5 Sep 2002 01:37:56 GMT

This is excellent advice, the 4105 is a great new selection of bulk bricks
at a very good price.  Also, there are several new creator buckets that
should hopefully be available soon.  One of them is reported to contain 1000
pieces.  Do a search of the posts here on Lugnet on the 4105 and you will
find some pics of at least some of the new buckets coming out.

Unfortunately it looks like the 3033 is finally gone.  I have a Lego outlet
local to me and they have not had any in 6 months.

John, I wish I was lucky enough to have tracked down a dozen 4105's.  :)  I
live in the Atlanta area and have only been able to get my hands on 10 so
far.  Seems like the Wal-Mart stores are the only places to find them here
and they only get 4 at a time.  Even with 8 different stores within a
reasonable distance, many have not had any at all.

Greg

"John Barnes" <barnes@sensors.com> wrote in message
Don't ignore the newer 4105 bucket that's available in Walmart and TRU at • least.

It has 500 pieces for $10 which is not far off the 3033's 1200 pieces for • $20.

I am buying them as fast as they appear on the shelves in my local stores,
but I live up here in Utica in upstate NY which doesn't get the sort of
industrial levels of retail supplies that real cities do. So I've only
managed to grab a dozen so far.

JB

In lugnet.general, Jake Rentar writes:
Hello any and all!  (Hoping this thread actually attracts the ever-famous
Eric H.!)

    You're most likely wondering about that title!  Well, let me tell my
story, first...

    I had first heard of this "3033" Blue tub about 6 months ago.  I am • now
14.  The blue tub never once caught my attention in any of the magazines. • I
was mainly interested in regular theme sets.  But now, after it was
discontinued, I feel somewhat left in the dust.  The set had 1200 totally
basic bricks in all the main colors for a measly $20!!!  I see 200 piece
creator buckets now for $15 at Walmart!!

    Recently interested in all these masterbuilders, (you know, Henry • "14
foot-long dino" Lim, and Eric "Makes a program for Lego and gets free • mosaic
kits" Harshbarger, etc.) I too want to make some 'cool' stuff that other • 10
year old kids will envy.  Why? Because I get big stupid thrills. • Actually,
because I enjoy building mosaics and sculptures.

    Hopefully some of you already saw my Lego Logo and Lego technic logo
mosaics.  (Eric must be thinking, "big whoop, 8000 studs -- HA!")
Unfortunately , the pieces must be disassembled for me to build anything
else.  Just like Lego -wants- us to do...

    Then there's the mosaic kits.  $30 for 2340 (max) pieces, not bad. • I
plan to eventually buy a few.  But they can get pricey and you only
have.....lets see, one option; a grayscale mosaic.

    I need a few blue tubs.  You can make color mosaics and sculptures • or
just build with the pieces. But how can I get those blue tubs?  I see one • or
two a month on ebay each going for $50+ then you pay shipping.  On
Bricklink, they sell for at least $50 as well.  And to think, I could • have
gotten them for $20 or less even from S@H.

    I may need some assistance from one of the Eric's (yeah...Eric • Sophie,
don't think I forgot about you; you too are quite a masterbuilder who • must
invest enough in lego to be able to help me!) or Henry or anybody else on
LUGNET who knows a lot about bulk buying.

    Don't get me wrong, I do have -a- budget here.  But I want to get • the
most out of my money and I'm not going to start buying blue tubs for $50.

    Why did Lego pull the plug on the blue tub anyway?  Wasn't it • bringing
in enough sales from Eric alone?? =D

I'd like to hear some opinions (and as this is my only connection to Eric • H
since he NEVER REPLIES TO EMAILS...*cough* *cough* =P ) from you guys out • there.

Thanks,
Jake