 General / 38232
Re: the LEGO Desk Pal
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general, lugnet.storage, lugnet.mediawatch
Date:
Tue, 3 Sep 2002 03:59:55 GMT

In lugnet.general, Rob Hendrix writes:

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/rmhendrix/MISC/dcp00555.jpg

sheree rosenkrantz writes:
In lugnet.general, Mark Papenfuss writes:

Overall it IS cute, but those full clear plastic circles on the hands
ruin it for me. If it was not for those I would have got all 3 of
the ones offered the day I first saw them.

Next time I go (should be next week) I will see if I can get some pics of
the dispaly model if nobody has got real-life pics by that point.

Thank you for all the information on the Lego desk pals.  It is impossible
to tell from the pictures any of the critical data.

Would the Desk Pal be the right size for a child for the giant store
display minifigures?

A picture of the real thing from either you or Maggie C. would be most
appreciated.

I finally got a chance to take a couple of pics-- and, as luck would have
it, they're of the two *not* pictured by Rob.  (They are the large images in
the Bricklink catalog. Mark contributed images of them in their boxes.)

http://www.bricklink.com/catalogItemPic.asp?GearID=6101b

The boy pal has a clear circle in one hand but not the other.

http://www.bricklink.com/catalogItemPic.asp?GearID=6201b

The girl pal is holding regulation size pen and pencil (with the aid of those
circles) so you can get a better idea of her size.

And here is the boy pal in the classroom under one of my prized UN minifig
refugee posters:

http://home.pacbell.net/mcambron/classroom.jpg

BTW my own kids couldn't keep their hands off of them-- they thought they were
great!

Maggie C.