 General / 37726
Re: the LEGO Desk Pal
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general, lugnet.storage, lugnet.mediawatch
Date:
Sun, 28 Jul 2002 03:51:59 GMT

In lugnet.general, Suzanne D. Rich writes:
Sorry if this was already reported.. I was surprised to not find it in a
search. My Feb 2002 issue of The Toy Book had news from LEGO Writing
Systems about this pencil holder thingie. It should have been visible at
Toy Fair this year (?). I don't know when it'll be released for sale. I
have a picture of it I can scan. Personally, I'm not impressed because,
yet again, it doesn't look enough like the real thing.

from the issue:

"[...] Based on oversized versions of the collectable LEGO mini-figures,
Desk Pal is a 7 1/2 inch tall desktop stationary system that stores,
organizes, and includes nine different stationary tools. It carries a
pen and pencil (one in each hand) and has a pencil sharpener under each
boy's cap and girl's hairpiece. There is a tape measure and dispenser
with stickers in its backpack. A stapler and tape dispenser are found in
each torso, and its legs hold a large eraser and paper clips."

-Suz

http://shop.lego.com/product.asp?id=%7B426B948E%2D8CF7%2D11D6%2D8050%2D00C04F5ED856%7D

http://shop.lego.com/product.asp?id=%7B426B9482%2D8CF7%2D11D6%2D8050%2D00C04F5ED856%7D

http://shop.lego.com/product.asp?id=%7B426B9484%2D8CF7%2D11D6%2D8050%2D00C04F5ED856%7D

Saw these just now.  Anyone know how long they have been out?  Anyone have
any yet?  If so what is your opinion of them?  Height?  Mobility- arms,
legs, head?  Hat, hair removable?  Were any shown at BrickFest(tm)2002?  Are
they already at the outlet or in a catalogue or only at the website?  [If
this has already been discussed could someone point me to the reference?]

tia,
sheree