 General / 37571
37570  |  37572
Subject:
Building experience with a non-AFOL
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.au, lugnet.general, lugnet.fun
Date:
Sun, 14 Jul 2002 03:03:55 GMT

I had a friend come over yesterday who isn't into LEGO at all, she thought
it would be interesting (and that it was) to have a go at building, well
that was sure interesting!  Her brother who also came over and was into
LEGO, he knew exactly what to do.

But she had no idea, she found it frustrating and said she couldn't
comprehend with the pieces, even the base plates, had no idea where they
went and how to put many of them together (she wanted to build a Castle).
She was suprised to know how I knew where to put certain pieces and how to
use them, where to find them and know how many I actually in my collection.

Not to mention she said she'd never seen so much LEGO in her life, imagine
her amazement when I told her this is nothing compared to many people.  Very
funny indeed ;)  Did she have fun? no, not really, she attempted to build a
bridge and that's as far as it got (I did the rest).

Good thing she wasn't a LEGO fan, especially with the amount of times she
referred them to being called 'LEGOS' - I hate that! hehehe

So there you have it... anyone else want to share their stories of attempts
in building with a non-AFOL?  Just for amusement value anyway ;)

Mel :)
www.brickzine.com

"AFOL - we stick together" ;)