 General / 37572
Re: Building experience with a non-AFOL
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.au, lugnet.general, lugnet.fun, lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands
Date:
Sun, 14 Jul 2002 06:11:06 GMT

In lugnet.loc.au, Melody Brown writes:

So there you have it... anyone else want to share their stories of attempts
in building with a non-AFOL?  Just for amusement value anyway ;)

I'm teaching remedial math in summer school to a tough crowd of kids who either
got expelled or failed or dropped out during the year.  I brought in Mega-Bloks
culled out of used LEGO finds to substitute for algebra tiles (they give us
absolutely NO supplies!) and said they could build what they want once they
finished their work.  I was curious to see what interesting MOC's they might
come up with.  Only a few kids were interested in playing with the blocks
(maybe they would have liked it better had I brought in real LEGO!), and only
one kid actually built an MOC which he showed me-- a machine gun.

Maggie C.