 General / 37348
Re: Classic Space Flag
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Mon, 1 Jul 2002 22:53:08 GMT

I'm fortunate enough to have two of these flags, one from a set I bought,
another from a set I found on consignment (my Space FOTW).  There are
stickers on both sides.  The interesting thing is that the two stickers are
mirror images of each other.  So if you flip your flag around, the little
red ship is shooting out in the opposite direction!

Dave

"Mr L F Braun" <braunli1@pilot.msu.edu> wrote in message
In lugnet.cad.dev, Orion Pobursky writes:
In lugnet.cad.dev, Steve Bliss writes:
See: http://www.ldraw.org/cgi-bin/ptdetail.cgi?f=parts/3596p90.dat

Did this part exist as a decorated/patterned element?  Or was the
flag-pattern strictly a sticker?

Steve

The only set that had this part was 6970 Beta-1 Command Base.  I looked • up
the instructions for this set on Brickshelf and the flag seems to be
completely missing from the instructions.  I would surmise, based on • other
sets from the same time, that this is a sticker.

   Likewise.  But the odd thing is, I have two Beta-1 Command Base
   sets, and I own exactly zero such flags.

   Can anyone shed some light on this interesting question?  XFUT
   to .general, naturally.

   LFB