 General / 37303
Re: BrikTrak 2002 - beta testers wanted...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Wed, 26 Jun 2002 14:17:50 GMT

<SNIP>

"Kai Brodersen" <kbrodersen@comcast.net> wrote in message
That looks *awesome*.  I can't wait!
One question though.  Will the program be able to detirmine if a part in a
specified color is avalible in that specific color (if LEGO actually made
that part in that color)?

Looks great,
--Kai

Hi Kai,

Yes, BrikTrak has this functionality already.

What happens is this;
You select a part from your inventory grid and click the 'check available'
button.
This gives you a menu with 2 options;
'Check Available for sale at BrickLink.com' and 'Check set inventories at
peeron.com'
The second option will load a webbrowser and go directly to the parts
inventory at Peeron.com to show you which colors the part has been released
in and in which sets/years. Most of the work is actually done by Peeron, all
I am doing is placing you at the correct page. (If you've never seen the
Peeron set inventory site, I would urge you to look at it as it is pretty
impressive http://www.peeron.com/inv)

I'm working hard trying to get this in a releasable state for everyone by
July 12th, so far over 50 people have signed up to be informed when beta 1
is out so I'm beginning to feel the pressure!

FYI - Support for this app will be handled at the BrikTrak forums
(http://briktrak.com/forums) where there's already a few suggestions by
people like you for future functionality. I'm not trying to direct traffic
away from Lugnet, but I don't have time to go to Lugnet as often as I can
get to the BrikTrak forums.

Many thanks,
Richard.