 General / 37304
Re: Galidor is overpriced!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general, lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Wed, 26 Jun 2002 15:04:02 GMT

In lugnet.general, Manuel Suazo writes:
   Galidor is stupid. The sets cost way too much. The show is boring. Then
again, Fox rarely shows anything worth watching. They never really
have.

As someone who has been a HUGE fan of the Fox Network since its inception, I
have to heartily disagree with your declaration that Fox has "never really"
had "anything worth watching".  While your statement could be read as a
blanket dismissal of the whole network's output, I assume you're really
talking about cartoons (a generic term I'll use in this context for all
kinds of "Kids' Shows").

Around ten years ago, Fox was THE network that (in my opinion) was
single-handedly saving the time-honored tradition of Saturday Morning
Cartoons.  Among the great cartoons they turned out, two remain on my
all-time favorite list - "Eek! the Cat" and "The Tick".

I can't really comment on "Galidor" because it's not the kind of cartoon I'm
inclined to watch (these days "Spongebob Squarepants" is probably my
favorite) and so I haven't. But I'm sure that it, like so many of the other
'toons my nephews try to get me interested in, is found wanting when
compared to The Great Cartoons of Yesteryear.

Anyway,who here would waste $40.00 on a 9 piece set? That's all that
stupid TDM pod thingy is! The cheapest sets in the whole stupid series is
$10.00! Who here is willing to waste money on Galidor? Also, notice that
Lego is the ONLY company making Galidor toys! So sad...Why couldn't it be
Mega Bloks..

I'm pretty sure that the people "here" are not the target market for
Galidor, so the answer to your questions above is proably "no one". Also, I
believe the reason why LEGO is producing Galidor toys is due to the fact
that the show is owned and being produced by (at least to some extent) the
World Multi-Media Outreach Arm of LEGO (not the official name).

Maybe in the future we will see LEGO coming up with the "great ideas" and
Mega Bloks actually putting them into production.  Then we can have our
crappy toys at a reasonable price.

I bet there will be no whining, moaning and complaining when that day comes.

Greg