 General / 3717
Re: "Greetings from SoundStone": SPAM warning for members of the Legomaniac's Webring
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Fri, 16 Apr 1999 04:24:51 GMT

In lugnet.general, Jeremy H. Sproat writes:
All,

I have just received a spam from "SoundStone" after they harvested my e-mail
address from my Web page.  The subject line read "Greeting from
SoundStone".  The second paragraph of the message reads:

"I recently visited Jeremy's Lego Page while browsing the lego maniac's ring
and want to explore the possibility of working with you to promote music
on-line."

Whatever you do, do NOT verify your e-mail address to these sleazeballs by
responding to the e-mail message.

Jeremy, would you please forward me the email message, I did not recieve the
spam.  I should take action and at least send out a mailing to members, if not
try to track these guys down.  That is a CLEAR abuse of the Webring -- I don't
know how they got the email addresses except right off of sites through the
ring.  I'll definitely look into this.

Any ring members who have recieved this, please report it to me immediately at
tcourtney@avenew.com.

-Tim Courtney
Ringmaster, Lego Maniac's Webring

tcourtney@avenew.com