 General / 36938
36937  |  36939
Subject:
LEGO SPYBOTICS
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general, lugnet.admin.database, lugnet.lego.direct
Date:
Thu, 30 May 2002 20:03:08 GMT

I know it's a little early for me to be wondering about this (esp as coming
from *me*), but...

Does anyone have solid data about this line's placement within TLC's product
tree?

I'm wondering about entering these in the LUGNET Set Database - if sets should
be under Technic or Mindstorms, or alongside. Judging by the ToyFair photos, it
looks like the latter.

The same question goes for where to discuss these.. I'm afraid that posts will
appear in .robotics, .technic, .2002, and .mindstorms, unless clarified. I'm in
the process of adding new newsgroups for Galador and LEGO Studios, so was
wondering what people think. (though I probably won't add a group for it any
time soon)

I'm also looking for clarification of the term Spybotics vs SpyBot.

Finally, now this is *really* unlike me, but I'm a little annoyed* so, If folks
haven't seen it, a hired artist has renderings online:

http://www.coroflot.com/public/public_job_seeker_details.asp?job_seeker_id=3170

-Suz

* I'd love to know what LEGO Futura thinks about this. (displaying prototypes
and early concepts) 'cause if that kind of thing is suddenly okay to do, I
could be showing the AFOL community a whole bunch of nifty stuff. But if I
remember right, I wasn't allowed to have my MyBot, Vision Command, Underground,
pre-SpyBot, Explore, Scala, Belville, or [name censored] related works in my
portfolio at all.