 General / 36939
36938  |  36940
Subject:
Question about set/part inventories.
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Thu, 30 May 2002 20:26:40 GMT

I just downloaded and install the BLdb.  It is a decent tracking program.
But while trying to use it I got to thinking.  Why not merge the 2
databaseses online.  Peeron's part/set inventory and LUGNET's set inventory.
But they already are...to some degree.  Lugnet links to Peeron's part
inventory.  Peeron links to LUGNET's set inventory.  But what about allowing
for a user to login and Select the sets s/he own including quantity of sets
and perhaps the amount paid for the set(s) [the MSRP would be listed].  The
user would then be able to get an individual set list based similiar to the
way the BLDB works.

I don't think it would take too much to engineer this.

Now for a dollar amount to put this all into perspective.  Anyone who is
already a member of LUGNET would have access to this repository of
information.  Any one who is not...well.... $10 is not much to become a
member of LUGNET.

For an idea of how this might work you can goto www.wizardworld.com and see
how you can track a comicbook or action figure or trading card collection.

Just a thot and my 2 cents

Scooter