 General / 36755
  Re: LEGO stops DUPLO

(...) Hmmmm, suspected this would be the case after the press release a couple of months ago: see (URL) and article linked off it. While I have seen in my local area that Duplo has lost it's popularity over the past couple of years, and often think (...) (22 years ago, 14-May-02, to lugnet.general, lugnet.duplo)

  Re: LEGO stops DUPLO

(...) Although the compatibility of Duplo with System has been emphasised by LEGO, in practice, they are seperate entities. Next to no Duplo elements appear in System (there's a Duplo cradle in 2002 Belville IIRC), and no System elements appear in (...) (22 years ago, 14-May-02, to lugnet.general, lugnet.duplo)

  Re: LEGO stops DUPLO

(...) I think that's a big part of the problem for Lego, there is a big second hand market for Duplo for precisely those reasons: It's very expensive new (significantly cheaper of late but still expensive overall), and once the kids grow out of it (...) (22 years ago, 14-May-02, to lugnet.general, lugnet.duplo)

  Mixed DUPLO/System MOC (was Re: LEGO stops DUPLO)

(...) Here's an MOC of mine that is a mixture of DUPLO and System elements: Brickenbloom House & Gardens: (URL) only does Brickenbloom include DUPLO parts, but the roof elements were actually the pieces that initially started me thinking about (...) (22 years ago, 15-May-02, to lugnet.general, lugnet.duplo)

  Re: Mixed DUPLO/System MOC (was Re: LEGO stops DUPLO)

(...) kind of thing done so well. -- Tony Hafner www.hafhead.com (22 years ago, 15-May-02, to lugnet.general, lugnet.duplo)

  Re: LEGO stops DUPLO

(...) Hmmm. I don't think I'm in the majority of afol's who get the Duplo for themselves... Yes it's sad that Duplo is being 'discontinued' but it's not being wiped off the planet. Second hand stores and some soap is a great way to get Duplo. Was (...) (22 years ago, 15-May-02, to lugnet.general, lugnet.duplo)