 General / 36736
Re: Hey, Where is......
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Wed, 1 May 2002 21:00:31 GMT

Thomas Avery wrote:

In lugnet.build.mecha, Tobbe Arnesson writes:
The interesting thing, though, is that every year this time it get's
calmer and calmer on the LEGO horizon until autumn.

Almost feels like LEGO is a winter hobby (depending on what side of
earth you live on of course). And that would make sense since most
building and playing take place indoors...

Yep, and you can use the same reasoning to explain geographical differences
in Lego activity.

Down here in the deep south (Texas), we've speculated that this is the
reason for the apparent increase in AFOL activity as you go further north.
There is a large climate difference between the northern and southern
states. In some years, we've had "winters" that never saw freezing temperatures.

I'm pretty sure weather is an important factor in AFOL activity. Of
course the Northern cities where there is lots of AFOL activity are
often larger. I will freely admit that I relished the opportunity to
move to sunny (not) Portland Oregon...

Frank