 General / 36710
Re: 1x1 plate distribution in Mosaic Maker sets?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Tue, 7 May 2002 16:38:00 GMT

In lugnet.general, Richard Morton writes:
Another hint (which you didn't hear from me ok?!) is that the 1x1 plates
come in bags of 90, so if you can arrange for you design to have
multiples of 90 pixels in each color and then place an extra one, you will
get 89 extra plates in each shade. You'll probably have to fiddle somewhat
with the brickoliser to come up with the correct design, but it is worth it,
especially if you are ordering multiple copies of the mosiac.

I just tossed this together, anyone is free to use it:

It is a 44x44 image, the same dimensions as the mosaic, and allows for the
maximum equal number of bags; 5 each for 25 bags total, which is 2250 1x1
plates.  You can get 26 bags by making a single color mosaic and adding one
pixel of each of the other colors, to get 26 bags for 2340 1x1 plates, but
then, you have to make five orders for an equal number of parts.

Jeff