 General / 36708
Re: 1x1 plate distribution in Mosaic Maker sets?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Tue, 7 May 2002 13:59:37 GMT

In lugnet.general, Richard Morton writes:
Hi Adrian,

You sent me an email asking if I had had a response to my question about
ordering multiple mosiac sets in the US last year. I tried emailing you
back, but unfortunately your mail server seems to be bouncing mail, so I'll
answer the question here.

Shortly after posting the question, I received an email from Lego Direct
informing me that I could place an order for 1 kit and immediately phone
them to increase my order by how ever many kits I wanted to purchase.
Obviously, the designs would have to be the same, but if you use the
brickoliser to create a 5 bar design - one of each color- then you'll get a
good split of plates.
Another hint (which you didn't hear from me ok?!) is that the 1x1 plates
come in bags of 90, so if you can arrange for you design to have
multiples of 90 pixels in each color and then place an extra one, you will
get 89 extra plates in each shade. You'll probably have to fiddle somewhat
with the brickoliser to come up with the correct design, but it is worth it,
especially if you are ordering multiple copies of the mosiac.

Thanks for the info Richard.  Strangely enough, I just test emailed my
accounts, and they seem to work fine.  I don't know what problems you were
having with them.  Must've been a sunspot or something :)

Adrian