 General / 36714
Re: 1x1 plate distribution in Mosaic Maker sets?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Wed, 8 May 2002 02:36:25 GMT

Jeff Stembel wrote:
It is a 44x44 image, the same dimensions as the mosaic, and allows for the
maximum equal number of bags; 5 each for 25 bags total, which is 2250 1x1
plates.  You can get 26 bags by making a single color mosaic and adding one
pixel of each of the other colors, to get 26 bags for 2340 1x1 plates, but
then, you have to make five orders for an equal number of parts.

You can make a mosaic which yields 5 bags each of 4 colors and 6 bags of
the last color. All you need is 361 pixels of each of the first 4
colors, and 492 pixels of the last color. If you want to make sure to
avoid the "off by 1 error" you can do 369 pixels each of the first 4
colors leaving 460 pixels of the last color.

However, when I made my life time supply of 1x1 plates picture, I just
settled for 25 bags.

What would be nice is if they would just give the 5 bags of each color
package a set number so we could all easily order it. It could even come
with a small booklet of pictures doable with it (it's probably not too
hard to tweak a bunch of pictures so they are doeable.

Of course I suppose those wanting to use the plates for balast for their
train layouts wouldn't mind ordering the 5 simple 26 bag pictures since
they could easily use that many 1x1 plates (of course they might not
bother ordering the white pictureif they didn't feel a need to have
white plates).

Frank